Friday, October 3, 2008

The Old Mill

I am back from my trip to Bulgaria.I had a wonderful time visiting my family and friends.I had a little bit time to sketch and took a lot of pictures which ,I hope ,will give me ideas for future paintings.The thing that I did not have luck with was the weather.The first three days it was hot in the nineties/ in F/and then overnight the temperatures dropped to 66-68F.It was cold and windy most of the time and it rained.Actually it was colder than it was in Minnesota.Can you believe that?September in Bulgaria is usually still a beach month.I had to give up my plans to take my daughter to the seaside and show her the Black Sea.We had a horrible trip back home but I don't want to talk about that now.
This little painting however is not from my trip.I painted it before I left.It depicts the old mill on the creek that runs by my house/and flooded it a year ago/.It is again ATC size and the medium is gouache.

No comments: